Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > lost all my car scan software shortly af...
lost all my car scan software shortly after software expiery

4681 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: 2017-08-11 15:05:48

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    GlenBMW69
    2016-07-04 04:03:48
    How can all my car data and car repair info be gone shortly after my warranty expiers? Very crappy this is a piece of junk I have no plans on getting upgrade till next year so tool is usless to me wasted money.

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    GlenBMW69
    2016-07-04 18:06:08
     Im very upset with Autel I paid for this Maxisys 908 the best they have to fix my BMW M5 only In my private garage and jusr before software expires I get an update? Then I have a problem with car go to fix and all my car info and car icons gone? how could that happen on a closed system? very suspect I dont use this for anything but my car programing so how could it all just vanish? Now they want me to pay over $1,200us to fix are they kidding? and I guess I should trust them now? this is a closed system only i and Autel have access to my Maxisys and my error says Authorization check failed! error code:1 so seems like they are bloking me from getting in to my own car software unless I pay them what kind of compamy does this to there customers I just got there tire recoder for $300 now im sorry I got that my scanner is now just an Ipad nothing more beware Why cant i download a old backup of my scanner software? I paid for it what a piece of junk dont buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can buy a new scanner for the cost of the update that I dont need!!

•   Level 2   
    (40) points
    simmo490

2016-07-06 14:27:30

yes i have exactly the same fault after expiry . they want me to pay to update it.  its a joke. i purchase 10 of these a month and they will not help me.  i am thinking of purchasing and selling other tools now.

•   Level 3   
    (64) points
    tjwolverine

2016-07-07 15:33:41 (Reply to:simmo490)

hey there autel sucks samething in maxisys i tried to get alldata cars autel guy i need to to pay for a new membership price 700dlls no way

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2016-07-08 01:09:46 (Reply to:GlenBMW69)

Maybe you should have backed up the entire Scan Folder before the final updating you did before your update period expired.If you live in USA and purchase updates through AES Wave I don't think the MS908 Pro update is $1200.

http://www.aeswave.com/Scan-Tools-Updates-c478/

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    GlenBMW69
    2016-07-10 03:43:28 (Reply to:witsend)
    I was told that this would work fine without updates as I only use for me. They did say
    would not get latest car models I said I don't care my car is a 2006? I'm very upset I'm
    thinking of just selling I also got the tps reset tool but now I'M don't likee the brand.

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    GlenBMW69
    2016-07-10 03:54:35 (Reply to:witsend)
    Yes your right its $999.us for 1 year I can buy a better tablet that can do custom
    programs for my car for $1,000 I don't want to buy an update and I shouldn't have
    to.I'm not a shop I use for my car at home.

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Mickeyshallo

2017-08-10 11:03:36 (Reply to:GlenBMW69)

Hi, did you manage to access your car icons? I just got the same thing on my maxysis pro "Authorization check failed Error code 1". the machine is so expensive and the update is unrealistic. USD1200 just for an update??! This makes no sense. Any machine you buy the update is way cheaper than the machine cause you spend more money purchasing it, with Autel its the opposite. Expensive machine expensive update. Any recommendations on another company with better diagnostic equipment.

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Mickeyshallo

2017-08-10 11:05:30 (Reply to:witsend)

Hi, The update is still way too expensive. Whats so special about the update, would you know? 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-11 15:05:48 (Reply to:Mickeyshallo)

What I think, Other than giving you some added newer model  car coverage for the next 12 months and loading back some small elusive encrypted file that gives you authorization  to use your old software again, there isn't anything special. Chances are even if you copied and pasted the scan file to create backup software to load later, that small encrypted file that is needed didn't transfer  and  backup won't work after you are expired.
     It's all just Smoke and Mirrors and just like the DS708 , thirty days or more before your update expires abstain from doing any further  updates, and just shut  off  the f@cking WIFI connection and no longer use it for internet access any longer  
  Total1 Pages